About Me

My Photo
Hello! I love to share things that I love on my personal Pinetrest, Twitter and Instagram account. I started getting friends of friends following me. So I looked into blogging and started following a few sites. I noticed most of them had one thing missing.... They didn't speak to me as a young professional working 40+ hours a week, shopaholic on a budget, newly wed, first time homeowner & habitual dieter. Many of the DIY projects & recipies took more time & creativity then I had available. Plus, a good amount of the fashion & beauty suggestions were out of my budget. If any of this describes you follow me, write me, & send me things you love so I can share it!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

What is Haute?

Remember in the early 2000s it was Couture everything?  Slap the word Couture on something and voila it's high fashion!  Juicy Couture, Romeo & Juliet Couture, Doggie Couture...  Do I need to continue?


PS Juicy is now sold at Kohl's


Fast forward 2014, all the buzz is about Haute.  What is Haute?  It's french for Couture.  The real question, how do you pronounce it?  I was in the break room at work.  As usually the girls were huddled around complementing each other: Love your dress...  bracelet...  Where did you get it?  So the website HauteLook was brought up.   This is a tricky word...  It looks like a fancy spin on HOT.  Nope, it more like Aute.  Think of the "H" as silent.  Need an example?  Click Here  How to not sound obnoxious while saying it?  My suggestion... now that you know how to say it (if you didn't already) don't correct people in public.  Next, say it fast.  I hope this helps if you're in the break room complementing your co-workers on their awesome taste in fashion you can gracefully say Haute and tell them about all of the great deals you got on HauteLook!


No comments :

Post a Comment